Saturday, October 2, 2010

Alabama "A" Potholder

Finally got around to the tailgating paraphernalia.


Pot holder on Houndstooth fabric with screen printed A. The pattern came from youcanmakethis.com (free), It really calls for quilting on both sides but I thought it would be too difficult to screen the front after it had been quilted, I’ve gotten really good at doing the screenprinting technique by marina_glory on BurdaStyle.com.

This is a REAL pot holder – it has the insulation that reflects heat away from your hand.


 
I had a lot of fun making these. It's neat screenprinting your own items. The technique is on BurdaStyle by marina_glory in case you want to try your hand at it (see my favorite places). My daughters and I are going to make T-shirts with our "Coat of Arms" and take a family photo.





No comments:

Post a Comment